[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32684: wp_update_user() is the 'user_email' now a required $userdata arg for updating a user ?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 17 22:05:33 UTC 2015

#32684: wp_update_user() is the 'user_email' now a required $userdata arg for
updating a user ?
 Reporter:  imath         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Users         |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 in r32820 there's a new check on `$userdata['user_email']` to see if an
 email should be send if i understand well.

 My problem is: if i want to update the display name, doing something like
 this :

 {{{
 // Update the display_name
 wp_update_user( array(
         'ID'                  => $user_id,
         'display_name' => $display_name,
 ) );
 }}}

 Then i get an error because `$userdata['user_email']` is not set in my
 array.

 If the user_email is now required, then simply close this ticket.

 imho maybe an `isset( $userdata['user_mail'] )` before comparing it to
 $user['user_email'] would be nice, because i might not be the only one
 using wp_update_user() the way i've described above.