[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32449: wp-admin/includes/template.php meta_form query is causing full table scans in wordpress 4.2

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 17 16:40:34 UTC 2015

#32449: wp-admin/includes/template.php meta_form query is causing full table scans
in wordpress 4.2
--------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jeichorn      |       Owner:

Comment (by jeichorn):

 Replying to [comment:7 jstensved]:
 > I don't get any improvement from the patch but the table scan on
 wp_postmeta blocks the database and making one of my clients sites
 inaccessible in seconds.

 > I suggest this ticket should have higher severity. On larger sites with
 lots of traffic and big wp_postmeta this can kill the db in seconds.

 > It should definitely be tagged with performance in any circumstance.

 If you drop the distinct from the patch it will solve your clients issues,
 it just reduces the changes of producing 30 items.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32449#comment:8>