[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing accordion behavior

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jun 13 05:05:47 UTC 2015

#31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing
accordion behavior
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:                |       Owner:  ocean90
  celloexpressions        |      Status:  assigned
     Type:  enhancement   |   Milestone:  4.3

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:113 helen]:
 > Can we get a quick recap of what's left to do here? The blue hovers
 still need to be removed, just like they had to be in 4.0 :)
 Remaining known issues for this ticket are mostly accessibility related:
 - Move tabindex/focusing code from attachEvents to onChangeExpanded, per
 comment 99
 - Disable tabindex on non-visible elements (other section headings when in
 a section)

 We should definitely focus discussion of a replacement for the blue on
 #29158 instead of here since that ticket is specifically for dealing with
 it while this is focused more on the UX changes. Also, in case it wasn't
 clear, the attempt here was to try the blue again now that we have
 distinct navigation vs. functional elements, so it was informed by rather
 than blatantly disregarding all of the things we tried in 4.0 :) I think
 the solution there probably just needs to be a non-color focus indicator
 for section titles & back buttons, and finding the right shade of gray.
 Would really like to avoid something that feels too heavy/dark or gets too
 easily washed out, and we have to address the new paradigm of white for
 interactive elements and gray for background in the Customizer, figuring
 out how another gray should logically work into the mix. Maybe a slight
 blue tint?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31336#comment:114>