[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32198: In version 4.2.1, I can only update one plugin at a time by clicking on "Update Plugin" link

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 11 14:07:08 UTC 2015

#32198: In version 4.2.1, I can only update one plugin at a time by clicking on
"Update Plugin" link
 Reporter:  ancawonka     |       Owner:

Comment (by lianzinho):

 Replying to [comment:4 romaiden]:
 > Since WP 4.2.1 pt-BR I get a warning message in place of the new link
 functionality to update plugins on plugins page: "Warning: printf():
 Argument number must be greater than zero in
 /hsphere/local/home/a896230/immiflex.com/br/wp-admin/includes/update.php
 on line 289", probably who translated, have deleted the arguments to show
 the link when the counter notices that 1 update is available. I just
 updated to 4.2.2, but still facing the issue. My other WP installations
 using EN are not affected by this.

 Yes, me too. The same issue, pt-BR is missing arguments. I went to the
 file and edited the function, to show just the arguments:

 {{{
 printf( '%1$s %2$s %3$s %4$s %5$s', $plugin_name, esc_url( $details_url ),
 esc_attr( $plugin_name ), $r->new_version, wp_nonce_url( self_admin_url(
 'update.php?action=upgrade-plugin&plugin=' ) . $file, 'upgrade-plugin_' .
 $file ) );
 }}}

 And it works flawlessly.

 I then went to the admin-pt_BR.po file to see if the translation was
 missing, and it was there! So I have no idea why it's not outputting the
 result of the translate function.

 If I change the translate function to `_e()` instead of `__()` it works
 but the placeholders like `%1$s`do not get rendered.

 Any ideas then?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32198#comment:5>