[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32560: Wordpress MultiSite is not naming "wp_user_roles" field properly in wp_##_options table

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 3 14:00:31 UTC 2015

#32560: Wordpress MultiSite is not naming "wp_user_roles" field properly in
wp_##_options table
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  BearlyDoug                 |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)               |     Status:  new
Component:  Role/Capability            |    Version:  4.2.2
 Severity:  normal                     |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration, multisite  |
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 In the "wp_##_options" table, the row handling wordpress user roles on
 MultiSite is misidentified as "wp_user_roles". It needs to be identified
 as "wp_##_user_roles", where the ## is the numerical ID of that MultiSite
 instance.

 This bug has existed, in some facet, since 2011. The file involved, I
 believe, is:
 src/wp-includes/capabilities.php

 Manual fixing is possible via database queries (I used phpMyAdmin).

 * http://tinyurl.com/WPUserRoleBugFix

 * https://wordpress.org/support/topic/upgrade-30-issues-w-tables-missing-
 wp_-vs-wp_1?replies=25 (Reply 6 and 7)

 * http://108wp.com/q/help-why-my-roles-are-not-showing-multi-sitenetwork

 Note: We do not have any plugins installed that are centered around user
 or role management (using core WP features)