[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33106: Automatic removal of new lines in CDATA blocks may break content with unfiltered_html

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 24 18:14:05 UTC 2015

#33106: Automatic removal of new lines in CDATA blocks may break content with
unfiltered_html
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  jeremyfelt       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by kitchin):

 Appears that ->autoembed does not do the embedding, instead it
 canonicalizes the text for later work by the oEmbed service, and for the
 `[embed]` shortcode.

 I'm attaching my patch with a third test case, using
 `apply_filters('the_content', ....)` to get a bigger picture:

 * If youtube link: any `[embed]` is removed from around the link.
 * If youtube link: canonicalized from `http://.../embed/...` to
 `https://.../watch?v=...`.
 * Other links: `[embed]` becomes `<a href=...`.
 * Other links without `[embed]`: no change.

 Not sure the third test should be checked in, it's not targeted to a
 single issue.

 All 3 tests I've written fail before your patch and succeed after.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33106#comment:16>