[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32967: Site Icon: Refactor class for improved readability, extensibility and testing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 15 19:40:21 UTC 2015

#32967: Site Icon: Refactor class for improved readability, extensibility and
testing
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Frank Klein            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new

Comment (by Frank Klein):

 I agree with Obenland here, the code posted was just a rushed first
 approach.

 But I also concur with @tosho's proposition, which goes back to my initial
 suggestion to lock down the API in 4.3 and attack this in earnest in 4.4.

 If we ship the current code, people will build upon it, and we'll have
 issues maintaining backwards compatibility once we refactor.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32967#comment:4>