[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32958: Allow Sorting of Plugins when using Add New (or searching in the .org repository)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 10 13:58:27 UTC 2015

#32958: Allow Sorting of Plugins when using Add New (or searching in the .org
repository)
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  dnavarrojr       |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins          |    Version:  4.1
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I truly miss the ability to sort plugins when I do a search, either using
 "ADD NEW" in the admin panel, or when I'm searching plugins in the
 repository on the wordpress.org site.

 I'm not sure what the current order is, but I'd like the ability to sort
 by Last update (Newest), Number of installations, Rating, and Alphabetic.

 When searching for plugins now, I see a lot of old and outdated (no longer
 working, no longer supported) plugins on the first page.

 The ability to filter would also be useful (filter out plugins not
 compatible with my version, filter out plugins that haven't been updated
 in over a year, etc...)