[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28138: Updating menu item requires passing all of a menu item's data to wp_update_nav_menu_item()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 9 01:54:09 UTC 2015

#28138: Updating menu item requires passing all of a menu item's data to
wp_update_nav_menu_item()
---------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)         |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Thanks for the unit tests @eicmann! I have no opinion as to which approach
 is better, but it sounds like the alternate one is.

 This is no longer relevant to menus in the Customizer, which already have
 all of the data loaded before calling this function after being
 refactored. @westonruter would have a better idea about whether that needs
 to be the case or could be otherwise improved upon, but I'm starting to
 think we may want to punt this for now.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28138#comment:7>