[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32894: Customizer Menus: page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu with a walker

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 7 05:54:37 UTC 2015

#32894: Customizer Menus: page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu
with a walker
-------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  dennis_f           |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by dennis_f):

 Unfortunately I couldn't find what was causing the issue - I tried to
 trace the JS code, but since I wasn't familiar with it, I got lost between
 all of the fired events and couldn't find the one that was initializing
 the looping issue.

 I found that what I mentioned above (the non-existing {{{container}}}
 element) was happening because the {{{can_partial_refresh}}} option is by
 default set to false when a walker is used (in the
 {{{filter_wp_nav_menu_args()}}} function of the '''wp-includes/class-wp-
 customize-nav-menus.php''' file) , but I guess that's how it's meant to
 be.

 I also tested this on two more installations - I created another new
 installation on my localhost and also tried on another installation on
 another computer - the same issue happened every time.
 I have attached the modified TwentyFifteen theme that I have been using to
 test - it has the '''walker''' option set in the sidebar.php file and also
 contains a walker class in the '''functions.php''' file, so if you want
 you can give it a try.
 If you test it, please make sure that the menu that's being edited is
 assigned as a primary menu so that it is displayed on the page, as the
 issue doesn't happen when the menu is not assigned.

 If you want me to provide any additional info or try some additional
 testing on my installation, please let me know - I'll be happy to help.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32894#comment:6>