[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 5 16:00:49 UTC 2015

#29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match
wp-admin
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
                                                 |     Focuses:  ui,
                                                 |  accessibility

Comment (by afercia):

 After the blue on hover/focus was reverted in [changeset:32823] see
 #31336, using just a shade of gray wouldn't be sufficient. Also, focus
 indicator shouldn't relay on color alone and secondary marker is required.
 icon change.

 By the way I would propose to make an effort to establish a unique design
 pattern to be used also in other places in the admin, see for example
 #28599 or what Press This currently uses (see screenshot below).
 Worth considering WordPress should have a unique way to indicate focus on
 this kind of menu items and users shouldn't be forced to learn new
 patterns depending on the different screens/components.

 Menu items focus style in Press This:

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/gxI1O-FC6z.png)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29158#comment:29>