[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22237: Add keyboard shortcuts for collapse/expand, panel-back, and close to the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 1 18:38:43 UTC 2015

#22237: Add keyboard shortcuts for collapse/expand, panel-back, and close to the
Customizer
 Reporter:  designsimply             |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  patch                              |  javascript

Comment (by purcebr):

 @helen - I see what you're saying here. I like that escape performs non-
 destructive transitions. If an escape at the top level closed the
 customizer i'd think that would be startling considering the other ways
 it's set up in this patch. The ESC collapse feature is useful for testing
 out how the theme would look, but yeah the arrow in the lower left to
 reexpand is small and easy to miss. And there's no similar key command to
 reexpand, so it's not super intuitive. (Unless Enter to reexpand? which
 might be confusing or unworkable for other reasons :) )

 I'll reattach a patch that doesn't collapse the customizer at the root
 level. Let me know if you'd prefer to go the other route instead, and I
 can get another patch together!

 Thanks for the feedback,
 Bryan

--