[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22237: Add keyboard shortcuts for collapse/expand, panel-back, and close to the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 1 18:20:26 UTC 2015

#22237: Add keyboard shortcuts for collapse/expand, panel-back, and close to the
Customizer
 Reporter:  designsimply             |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  patch                              |  javascript
Changes (by helen):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch commit => good-first-bug needs-patch

Comment:

 I don't know about collapsing the sidebar with escape - I had always
 thought of escape as closing the customizer, not a one way toggle for the
 sidebar. It's very frustrating when it collapses the sidebar, as you can't
 quickly expand it again, or at least I didn't find any way to do that.
 It's also not super useful (as noted in many other places), so let's
 either make escape close the customizer or not do anything if you're at
 the top level. Need to get this done in the next couple of hours if we
 want it for 4.3.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22237#comment:35>