[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32857: In menu customizer: sortable placeholder not correctly accounting for children height when doing drag and drop

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 1 15:12:43 UTC 2015

#32857: In menu customizer: sortable placeholder not correctly accounting for
children height when doing drag and drop
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  adamsilverstein  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize        |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 When dragging and dropping a menu with subitems, the placeholder size is
 not being correctly calculated. No matter how many subitems exist, the
 placeholder is always one item high.

 I tracked this down to the left hand alignment we use for `li` items in
 the customizer layout. removing this just for the placeholder `li`s
 resolves the issue.

 Here is what dragging with children currently looks like:
 http://cl.ly/412p291a1T1T

 Here is the same action with the CSS change (patch incoming):
 http://cl.ly/0A2L0S2q1B26