[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18828: function wp_get_object_terms() passes sql data into `wp_get_object_terms` filter for $taxonomies

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 30 19:07:40 UTC 2015

#18828: function wp_get_object_terms() passes sql data into `wp_get_object_terms`
filter for $taxonomies
-------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  postpostmodern           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Thanks johnjamesjacoby. Yes, the authors of those plugins should
 definitely be looped in once a decision is made one way or another. The
 fix in most cases is trivial: nearly all of the plugins are doing
 manipulation to turn the string into an array, and the fix will be to wrap
 that logic in `if ( ! is_array( $taxonomies ) )`.

 Heck, I'm happy to write the necessary patches myself for this small
 handful of plugins. I'm not worried about the authors of co-authors-plus
 and cpt-onomies - they'll likely be proactive about changes like this.
 It's the long tail of plugins and private customizations that are more
 worrisome, but my guess is that the tail actually isn't that long in this
 case.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18828#comment:15>