[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30448: Customizer Manager/Settings classes do not provide public save method to use outside of customize.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 30 03:30:20 UTC 2015

#30448: Customizer Manager/Settings classes do not provide public save method to
use outside of customize.php
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  CrazyJaco    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:12 CrazyJaco]:
 > How can I tell if anyone is subclassing the {{{WP_Customize_Setting}}}
 class? Would we need to do a search of the plugin repository?

 Looking at all plugins in the repo would be a good start, but it is
 certainly not exhaustive. There many instances which may not be published
 at all. I think what will have to be done is introduce a new method
 entirely, or wait for Customizer transactions to land so that you can do
 what I describe in [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30448#comment:9
 comment:9] above.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30448#comment:13>