[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31165: Custom post types that do not support content should not have an excerpt mode option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 29 15:50:00 UTC 2015

#31165: Custom post types that do not support content should not have an excerpt
mode option
 Reporter:  m0r7if3r           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by knutsp):

 I have a lot of custom post types defines without content, using excerpt
 as the primary content container. Excerpt is separate column in the posts
 table, and core sets up a text/html editor for it. Perfect for my use.

 Does this proposal make these more difficult to set up and use?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31165#comment:3>