[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31112: WP_Query fields=>ids parameter sometimes returns post objects instead of array of post IDs

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 24 08:44:37 UTC 2015

#31112: WP_Query fields=>ids parameter sometimes returns post objects instead of
array of post IDs
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  lisota             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by lisota):

 OK. I figured this out. I wasn't paying enough attention to the query
 results, and some var_dumps helped me out. I was expecting the return to
 be an array of post IDs, and nothing else, based on the verbiage in the
 codex. There is an array of post IDs, but you have to get to it from the
 query object with $query->posts. Kind of a stupid mistake on my part.

 I did find that the post IDs are strings and are not being cast to
 integers, which is odd since
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27252] was supposed to fix it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31112#comment:3>