[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28687: Removing background image and/or reverting background color to default doesn't remove custom-background body class and remove theme mods

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 20 20:21:57 UTC 2015

#28687: Removing background image and/or reverting background color to default
doesn't remove custom-background body class and remove theme mods
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  slobodanmanic  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by slobodanmanic):

 Replying to [comment:7 obenland]:
 > slobodanmanic, have you had a chance to take another look?

 Can I get your opinion?

 28687-3.diff is similar to 28687-2.diff, with one extra check and, if you
 agree with the implementation is the only file that needs to be changed.

 Compared to current version of the file in trunk, it will now:

 1. Check if get_theme_mod( 'background_color' ) is set
 2. Check if its value is not equal to theme default
 3. (And check if there's a background image, which is all it currently
 does)

 Theme mods are still not deleted and set to empty string instead, but
 .custom-background class will not be applied if both color and image are
 not set, or if color is set to theme default value.

 Deleting theme mods when saving them from Custom Background page is not a
 problem, but I just can't figure it out when doing it from Customizer. I'd
 love to figure it out, but after looking at this for a while, I think that
 either:

 * Removing theme these two theme mods is necessary at all, since empty
 values do the trick OR
 * Removing background_image theme mod should also automatically remove
 background_repeat, background_position_x and background_attachment, and
 not leave them as they are, since they are tied to the image that was used

 Let me know what you think, and if you have an idea how to remove
 background_image theme mod when Customizer saves after you removed
 background image, please let me know.

 I tried adding remove_theme_mod to update in
 WP_Customize_Background_Image_Setting class, but that didn't work.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28687#comment:9>