[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30759: If Featured Image is selected, but not saved, editing the image will drop the selection after a save

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 14 19:43:15 UTC 2015

#30759: If Featured Image is selected, but not saved, editing the image will drop
the selection after a save
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  DavidTheMachine  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Changes (by DavidTheMachine):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch

Comment:

 The steps to reproduce in more detail:

 On the post edit page, click on [Set Featured Image].
 This triggers the media selector view, in which the user can select an
 image.
 Click on an image, then edit it.
 Leaving the image editor view will return the user to the image selection
 screen, show the same selection state as when it originally loaded.

 For the case that the Featured Image is already selected, selecting a
 different one without saving it as the featured image, then clicking the
 Edit Image link will wipe the most recent selection state, returning the
 user to the default state.

 For the screen recording I uploaded, I go through several scenarios, one
 where the featured image is already set for the post, one where it's
 cleared out, and another where I upload a new image.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30759#comment:2>