[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20846: Multisite: Network Users can post comments without being members of the site

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 9 06:42:24 UTC 2015

#20846: Multisite: Network Users can post comments without being members of the
site
 Reporter:  Ipstenu       |       Owner:

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 Looking at the wording for this again.

 {{{
 <label for="comment_registration">
 <input name="comment_registration" type="checkbox"
 id="comment_registration" value="1" <?php checked('1',
 get_option('comment_registration')); ?> />
 <?php _e('Users must be registered and logged in to comment'); ?>
 <?php if ( !get_option( 'users_can_register' ) && is_multisite() ) echo '
 ' . __( '(Signup has been disabled. Only members of this site can
 comment.)' ); ?>
 </label>
 }}}

 I wonder if we could make this more obvious by adding another option and
 converting to a drop down in multisite.

 Select:
 * Unregistered users can comment  (''current default, disabled when signup
 is disabled'')
 * Users must have a network account to comment (''default when signup is
 disabled'')
 * Users must be a site member to comment

 Single site could remain the same checkbox or use the new select without
 the second option.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20846#comment:12>