[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31351: get_the_post_thumbnail() needs a clearer explanation of the difference between 'post-thumbnail' and 'thumbnail'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 16 20:04:03 UTC 2015

#31351: get_the_post_thumbnail() needs a clearer explanation of the difference
between 'post-thumbnail' and 'thumbnail'
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  magicroundabout  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |     Status:  new
Component:  Post Thumbnails  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  docs             |
 Been discussing this with @drewapicture today.

 I'd like to add a small comment to the inline docs for
 get_the_post_thumbnail() to make clear the difference between the image
 sizes `thumbnail` and `post-thumbnail`.

 I'm also going to update the codex page on "Post Thumbnails" to clarify
 the difference there as it's quite confusing. The action to do that is not
 part of this ticket.

 I'm a relative newbie to trac. I may need hand-holding. Be nice! :)