[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing accordion behavior

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 15 12:06:01 UTC 2015

#31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing
accordion behavior
------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by folletto):

 > Should the available widgets panel still breaking out? Some user tests
 would help, I think.

 My initial perspective would be to not break out as suggested, mostly
 because your focus would be on the panel, so there's no need for "context"
 in seeing the previous panel too. Also would help making it work out of
 the box on mobile (I guess?).

 That said... I think it's a minor detail in terms of UX. :)

 > Context lost? The "You are customizing" header is not visible anymore if
 you open a section. I've noticed this while editing a single sidebar (Am I
 still editing widgets?). Not sure if this is a real issue.

 This is the only thing I was keeping in mind while designing the above.
 I'm not sure on the answer either. The fact that yo as a user are actually
 diving in/out and you have the actual preview site open on the right might
 be more than enough, but still it's something I tried to add back in the
 design (failing, at the moment).

 So, not sure. :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31336#comment:3>