[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25338: Comments of password-protected posts should not be shown to logged-in users without edit capability

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 11 17:47:34 UTC 2015

#25338: Comments of password-protected posts should not be shown to logged-in users
without edit capability
 Reporter:  kraftbj      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by prasoon2211):

 Hi. I added the condition on the joined table and the the comments with
 password protected fields get filtered out. Now, what remains is to set
 permissions. Who gets to see the comments and who doesn't? Anyone who can
 {{{edit_posts}}}? But what if I am an {{{author}}} who has locked the
 post? In this case, another {{{author}}} can see the comments on my locked
 post. So, it's kind of a mess.

 Personally, I am of the opinion that the comments should remain unseen
 always unless you are an {{{editor}}} or above. I am open to other
 opinions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25338#comment:2>