[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31277: Many WP Dashboard-only transients for 'browser version' set to autoload=yes in wp_options

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 10 08:37:29 UTC 2015

#31277: Many WP Dashboard-only transients for 'browser version' set to autoload=yes
in wp_options
--------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  archon810           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 > Re: object caching. ... What's the suggested object caching plugin to
 use nowadays, if any? I'm concerned with data loss since Memcached loses
 data on restart, and I know I can rely on MySQL to not do that

 WordPress's object caching support offloads content from the database to
 memory, however all write operations still hit the database (Except
 transients, they never hit the database in this scenario - they're
 temporary data only).
 It reduces processing load on the database and offers significant
 performance benefits, http://wptavern.com/persistent-object-caching and
 http://scotty-t.com/2012/01/20/wordpress-memcached/ offer insights on it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31277#comment:5>