[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31261: Improve appearance of the slug field in the "Edit Post" page in the administration

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 8 01:45:50 UTC 2015

#31261: Improve appearance of the slug field in the "Edit Post" page in the
administration
-------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  tyxla              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new

Comment (by tyxla):

 As far as I understand, you are talking about removing the slug meta box
 in favor of the slug edit box in the Permalink section. This makes sense,
 but the Permalink section is not shown for non-public post types. So
 removing that meta box would prevent the user to manage the slug in non-
 public post types. And I've dealt with such cases in my experience - using
 non-public post types that are using the slug (and need a field to manage
 it). I'll post my opinion in #18523 for consideration.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31261#comment:3>