[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31206: Move AJAX action parameters out of the method body and into the declaration.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 2 20:58:24 UTC 2015

#31206: Move AJAX action parameters out of the method body and into the
declaration.
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  morganestes             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
Changes (by morganestes):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch dev-feedback

Comment:

 So one of the issues with both the original version and is that there's no
 sanity check for what happens if an action is passed that isn't the one we
 want.

 I'm interested in the original thought behind the structure of these
 functions. Since each one of these functions expects one specific action
 to be passed, is there a reason for having it as a parameter in the first
 place instead of just using the string inside the method?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31206#comment:2>