[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35108: Responsive images blurry - srcset attribute doesn't include full size version

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 21 03:39:18 UTC 2015

#35108: Responsive images blurry - srcset attribute doesn't include full size
version
------------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  nicasi                        |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by mikeschroder):

 To me, it's pretty clear that user expectation < 4.4 is that the image a
 user supplies in `src` is the image that will be delivered.

 I don't feel that it respects user content at this point to do otherwise
 -- especially when we're talking about intentionally serving up lower
 fidelity images that are creating user complaints already.

 My opinion is to go ahead and add `src` to `srcset` in all cases for
 4.4.1, then talk about a smarter solution we can include with 4.5,
 including some of the options given with a larger size. Especially with a
 minor release, we should be extra careful not to break the covenant of
 user content.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35108#comment:10>