[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35130: .wp-full-overlay-main prevents touch scrolling in theme preview iframe in iOS Safari

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 17 07:00:55 UTC 2015

#35130: .wp-full-overlay-main prevents touch scrolling in theme preview iframe in
iOS Safari
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  anthonydpaul        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes              |    Version:  4.4
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 This appears related to https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20805
 closed 4 years ago.

 In iOS 9 (latest) on an iPhone 6+ in Safari (latest) the theme previewer
 within the theme installer doesn't allow touch scrolling within the
 iframe.

 This bug persists in Xcode Simulator and on iPad 2 and iPhone 6s running
 latest iOS and Safari.

 This issue does not appear in the installed theme previewer, as far as I
 can tell.

 Within theme-install.php, on line 279, when I apply styles `-webkit-
 overflow-scrolling: touch;overflow-y: scroll;` to .wp-full-overlay-main it
 resolves the issue.