[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35125: Attachment Details-view not closing when deleting a file after switching from another file

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 16 22:08:49 UTC 2015

#35125: Attachment Details-view not closing when deleting a file after switching
from another file
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Asgaros                     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |     Status:  new
Component:  Media                       |    Version:  4.4
 Severity:  normal                      |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  javascript, administration  |
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello all,

 I found a bug when I try to delete a file in the ''Media Library'' from
 the ''Attachment Details''-view when I switched from another file.

 Lets assume there are three different images (red/green/blue) in the Media
 Library:

 [[Image(http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151216/6zrhnov3.png)]]

 When I open the '''red''' image, click on the ''Delete Permanently''-link
 at the ''Attachment Details''-view and confirm the alert, the ''Attachment
 Details''-view closes and the file is deleted. So far so good.

 Now lets assume that we have those three different images (red/green/blue)
 in the Media Library again ...

 '''Step 1:''' Open the '''red''' image.

 '''Step 2:''' Switch to the '''green''' image via the ''next file''-icon
 at the top right of the ''Attachment Details''-view.

 [[Image(http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151216/hmcixheg.png)]]

 Step 3: Click on the ''Delete Permanently''-link at the ''Attachment
 Details''-view of the '''green''' image and confirm the alert.

 [[Image(http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151216/eqbyo7zr.png)]]

 The '''green''' image will be removed from the server and from the ''Media
 Library''-view ''"behind"'' the ''Attachment Details''-view, but the
 ''Attachment Details''-view for the green image will stay open.

 Sure, you just can close the ''Attachment Details''-view but it is a
 little bit confusing because it seems like the file is still there. You
 can click the ''Delete Permanently''-link and other parts of the
 ''Attachment Details''-view as well.

 This bug occurs on 4.4 & trunk and was tested in Chrome & Edge on
 different sites.