[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35058: PHP Fatal when map_deep tries to work on an object that has a property by reference

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 16 21:38:48 UTC 2015

#35058: PHP Fatal when map_deep tries to work on an object that has a property by
reference
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  jeff@…        |       Owner:

Comment (by jeff@…):

 I'll dig into it a little bit.

 We probably need to get an additional unit test into the mix that tests
 objects & arrays that refer to an object by directly and by reference.
 These were the original data structures that brought the defect (PHP fatal
 error) to light.

 I am also a little concerned that fixing the defect opens up an infinite
 recursion issue, although that was probably already present in the 4.3 and
 earlier implementations.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35058#comment:9>