[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35047: Notices are not moved to first header when header-elements are nested inside .wrap

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 13 13:06:27 UTC 2015

#35047: Notices are not moved to first header when header-elements are nested
inside .wrap
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  DvanKooten              |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by afercia):

 Sounds sensible but I'm not sure it can be done. Some plugins don't have a
 main heading at all and the first heading is actually somewhere in the
 middle of the page. In this case, notices would be appended in the middle
 of the page :(

 This is probably one of those cases where having full backwards
 compatibility is nearly impossible. Thinking also at the new
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/2015/10/28/headings-hierarchy-changes-in-
 the-admin-screens/ headings hierarchy in the admin screens], many plugins
 should update the headings in their screens anyways. I'd would strongly
 encourage plugin authors to provide a main H1 heading right after the
 `.wrap` element and if they have specific design needs they can always
 hide it with `.screen-reader-text`.

 @DvanKooten any example of popular plugins where this is happening?
 @iseulde hi :) any thoughts?

--