[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35023: get_field_name() returns a bad field name if you pass it "display][avatar_size"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 11 22:08:47 UTC 2015

#35023: get_field_name() returns a bad field name if you pass it
"display][avatar_size"
 Reporter:  pbearne                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by pbearne):

 Replying to [comment:4 johnbillion]:
 > This sounds like a wontfix, IMO. Passing `foo][bar` as the field name is
 fragile and I would expect that to break at some point. I'm not sure how
 it even worked with the previous handling of field IDs.

 I can't believe I am the only dev you was doing this.

 I have pushed a patch that just changes the test to look for trailing `]`
 if we do this I am fixed and the array strings will still work

 Paul

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35023#comment:7>