[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10219: "Older Entries" and "Newer Entries" links are wrong when entries displayed in ascending order

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 6 17:54:45 UTC 2015

#10219: "Older Entries" and "Newer Entries" links are wrong when entries displayed
in ascending order
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jikamens                   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                |      Status:  new

Comment (by dancameron):

 Since @chriscct7 punted this for @nacin to review I'm going to make this
 easier to understand just in case the circular logic is causing a
 misunderstanding.

 Note: this example is using twenty thirteen...

 The "older/newer" terminology isn't correct for obvious reasons, this
 isn't because the function is using the wrong terminology based on
 ascending order being used, it's because the labels being passed to the
 functions are incorrectly set.
 [[Image(https://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/1V3d1R1D2d010e2d0032/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-06%20at%2012.37.00%20PM.png?v=66033348)]]

 This shows that without the labels being sent that the functions return
 the correct labels.
 [[Image(https://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/2E370x0H351c3e222t2P/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-06%20at%2012.36.36%20PM.png?v=66033348)]]

 So, it's not a matter of switching the labels to something dependent on
 the sort order, it's a matter of the labels these older themes are using.

 I can patch these older themes and I'll likely just do it since I'm now
 invested in this ticket (since my plan was to move on to another here at
 Contributor Day).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10219#comment:8>