[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34839: Wrong attribution of current_page_parent for menus when on single/archive CPT

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 6 17:22:34 UTC 2015

#34839: Wrong attribution of current_page_parent for menus when on single/archive
CPT
 Reporter:  tabrisrp      |       Owner:

Comment (by tabrisrp):

 It most probably has been reported before, but I was not able to find a
 corresponding ticket.

 It's mostly a design issue for themes, because if you're styling those
 classes has a position indicator on the website, it will be wrong on some
 pages.

 I think it could get a small priority bump now that the archives CPT pages
 are available in the menu editor.

 It's also an issue in a specific case I encountered, where I filter a menu
 to extract its sub-menus based on the menu parent classes. For the
 archives CPT page and single CPT page, the wrong sub-menu is extracted
 because of this bug.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34839#comment:4>