[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33629: Post excerpts have become WAY too long after updating to WP 4.3, please fix.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 31 19:08:32 UTC 2015

#33629: Post excerpts have become WAY too long after updating to WP 4.3, please
fix.
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  MarineKingAizen  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  General          |    Version:  4.3
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I believe this is a bug in the new WP release. After updating, all my
 websites are in chaos because the post excerpts have become way too long
 and most themes were not designed to handle it. I'm not the only one to
 notice this:

 [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/excerpts-become-full-of-
 content?replies=14]

 One user said "WP 4.3 seemed to have changed trunctation from
 '''characters to words'''."

 Here's an example of my website before 4.3:
 [[Image(http://i.imgur.com/gUrUhYZ.jpg)]]

 and now after 4.3:
 [[Image(http://i.imgur.com/II5l12g.jpg)]]