[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11302: Bulk editing posts should pre-fill fields with the same value / allow for removal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 26 16:07:09 UTC 2015

#11302: Bulk editing posts should pre-fill fields with the same value / allow for
removal
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pavelevap        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by lau@…):

 I have a specific need and a simple suggested solution.

 PROBLEM:
 My store sells clothing so each season I add new clothes to the "New
 Arrivals" category and also to whatever category they will remain in over
 the long term e.g "Women's pants".
 So every season I need to remove all the previous seasons clothes from the
 "New Arrivals" category.

 SOLUTION 1:
 On the Edit Product Category page put a button at the bottom [ Remove all
 products from this Category ]

 SOLUTION 2:
 On the Product Categories list page add another Bulk Action "remove
 products from category"

 SOLUTION 3:
 In the short term I'd be happy if you could give me the sql to remove a
 categoryid from all products with that categoryid.

 Thanks in advance
 Lau

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11302#comment:21>