[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33469: Customizer Menus: Restore active menu to a location after selecting and unsetting another menu

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 25 15:24:41 UTC 2015

#33469: Customizer Menus: Restore active menu to a location after selecting and
unsetting another menu
-------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  morganestes  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by tywayne):

 I may be in the minority here, but I would argue that the proposed change
 would be confusing.

 If a user chooses to remove the location assignment from a menu, it is
 expected that the location now has no menu assigned to it. If we insert
 the previous menu back into the location, we are making an assumption
 about what the user was intending to do that may be incorrect.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33469#comment:4>