[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33396: Customizer: focusing a control outside of a panel when a panel is open results in a blank screen with no navigation back

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 24 05:51:57 UTC 2015

#33396: Customizer: focusing a control outside of a panel when a panel is open
results in a blank screen with no navigation back
-------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch needs-testing
 * owner:   => westonruter
 * status:  new => accepted

Comment:

 Per my issue above, the problem of the blank screen was still happening if
 a section within a panel was open. So for instance, if I went to edit a
 widget and I opened the console and ran:

 {{{#!js
 wp.customize.panel( 'nav_menus' ).focus();
 }}}

 Then I would get the same blank screen behavior, and this is why I put in
 that `WP_Nav_Menu_Widget` workaround.

 In the latest patch I believe I've addressed this one as well, which now
 means that my workaround in the `WP_Nav_Menu_Widget` can also be removed.
 See amended patch [attachment:33396.2.diff].

 @celloexpressions Can you confirm?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33396#comment:5>