[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28013: WP_Filesystem_FTPext::exists($filename) returns false when file exists on FTP Service ( IIS/6.0 Microsoft & Linux/vsftp )

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 19 12:37:58 UTC 2015

#28013: WP_Filesystem_FTPext::exists($filename) returns false when file exists on
FTP Service ( IIS/6.0 Microsoft & Linux/vsftp )
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  joostdekeijzer             |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  closed
Changes (by dd32):

 * status:  accepted => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"33648"]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="33648"
 Upgrades: When upgrading via FTP, use `LIST -a` to detect if a file
 exists.
 `LIST` & `NLST` by default on some servers require the `-a` flag to view
 hidden files (ie. `.maintenance`)
 Although we could simply pass the `-a` flag to `NLST`, opting to use
 `LIST` which we use elsewhere should mean less chance of server
 incompatibilities.

 Props jcroucher.
 Fixes #28013.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28013#comment:7>