[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32197: Twemoji script and editor expansion combo making editor ridiculously slow in some circumstances

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 30 15:10:17 UTC 2015

#32197: Twemoji script and editor expansion combo making editor ridiculously slow
in some circumstances
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42        |       Owner:

Comment (by MarioKnight):

 Definitely related to #32156 that I put in earlier this week.  Disabling
 the full-height editor did take away this lag.  I can also confirm on my
 end that it is only in place when special characters are in use.  The page
 on my site that brought the issue to my attention contains Japanese text.
 I found a page on my site that fits the size requirements without any
 Japanese text, and I could use the text editor with no issues.  Copying a
 “ character as mentioned in the forum thread immediately cause the issue
 to come up.  Taking it away would take away the issue as well.

 Now I have to wonder why I was under the impression I didn't notice the
 issue prior to the 4.2.1 update as I quoted in my ticket.  I'm going to
 guess it was a combination of doing mostly a couple of copy and pastes,
 and potentially a lack of coffee.  In any case, since my issues match
 exactly what's mentioned above, I think it should be safe to close my
 ticket as a duplicate and continue this one.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32197#comment:14>