[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27177: Child themes should inherit parent theme customizer settings on activation / switching

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 28 11:52:35 UTC 2015

#27177: Child themes should inherit parent theme customizer settings on activation
/ switching
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  krogsgard    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by karpstrucking):

 Replying to [comment:9 obenland]:
 > Added a proof of concept patch for the occasion when the previously
 active theme was the parent theme.

 Should we account for a situation where the child theme's mods aren't
 "empty" before we update them? (eg. they've activated the child theme,
 made some changes to the mods and then gone back to the parent theme
 temporarily for some reason)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27177#comment:11>