[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32110: "Shiny" plugin updates not working when I try run mulitple updates at once and one fails

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 24 13:39:35 UTC 2015

#32110: "Shiny" plugin updates not working when I try run mulitple updates at once
and one fails
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  magicroundabout  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |    Version:  4.2
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 This is in Chrome 42 on a Mac.

 I'm having issues with shiny plugin updates getting stuck when an update
 fails.

 If I click on a load of shiny updates to get them running, and one gets an
 "Update Failed", the others do not update.  They just end up stuck in
 "Updating" mode.

 Here's a screencast showing the issue: http://quick.as/LWOuLpmZ

 Presumably the updates are queued in the browser as you click them. It
 looks like if admin-ajax returns success:false for an update, subsequent
 updates in the queue are not processed.

 I don't get any JavaScript errors.

 In the example in the screencast, I've no idea why Akismet returns
 successful. That's possibly a different bug.

 I've looked at the requests in developer tools.

 The second request returns:

 `{"success":false,"data":{"update":"plugin","plugin":"give\/give.php","slug":"give","oldVersion":"Version
 0.7.5 beta","newVersion":""}}`

 The third request is not made.