[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31890: Link to existing content added in Text Editor disappear after switch to Visual editor and back

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 16 02:12:12 UTC 2015

#31890: Link to existing content added in Text Editor disappear after switch to
Visual editor and back
-------------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  beda69                               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
Changes (by netweb):

 * version:   => trunk
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 4.2

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:6 azaozz]:
 > The reason is that the Text editor is targeted at more advanced users
 that are able (and willing) to type HTML by hand. There the benefit of
 using the Link dialog is to quickly find a permalink to an existing post.
 The linked text can be added/removed/edited easily directly in the
 textarea.

 > Suggesting wontfix.

 When I created #28206 it was based on the use case of bbPress where we use
 the Text editor for topics and replies:

 > Quoting [ticket:28206#comment:5 netweb]:
 > As we start moving the Rosetta (International WordPress.org forums)
 sites to bbPress 2.x and "down the road" WordPress.org support forums to
 bbPress 2.x we need the "text editor" to be friendly for all users, not
 just advanced users who know HTML.

 Per a discussion just now in
 [https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/core/p1429148932004441 Slack #core]
 with Helen and rather than open another ticket moving into 4.2

 I haven't tested the patch here yet but will do so soonishly :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31890#comment:12>