[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26675: Rewrite of get_media_embedded_in_content() function to produce expected results.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 11 19:50:36 UTC 2015

#26675: Rewrite of get_media_embedded_in_content() function to produce expected
results.
 Reporter:  kopepasah                            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |  DrewAPicture
Changes (by ocean90):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch commit => good-first-bug has-patch
     commit 2nd-opinion
 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 I think that the filter name doesn't fit into core's existing *_allowed_*
 filters.

 Examples:

 * wp_kses_allowed_html
 * kses_allowed_protocols
 * wp_nav_menu_container_allowedtags
 * customize_allowed_urls

 The current name pretends that you are able to disable the use of
 `get_media_embedded_in_content()`. But that's wrong, you can filter the
 allowed '''media types''' for  `get_media_embedded_in_content()`. Based on
 the existing names the filter should end with `_allowed(_media)_types`.

 I suggest `get_media_embedded_in_content_allowed_types` or
 `media_embedded_in_content_allowed_types` as the name for this filter.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26675#comment:19>