[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29772: wp-admin/plugins.php should not load plugins so it can be used to disable broke activated plugins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 29 14:35:16 UTC 2014

#29772: wp-admin/plugins.php should not load plugins so it can be used to disable
broke activated plugins
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  aubreypwd       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by aubreypwd):

 Replying to [comment:8 jdgrimes]:
 > Keep in mind that plugins and themes are currently loaded on the login
 page.

 I know. I'm thinking at any point we can pass `?_wp_safe_mode` that will
 set a temporary cookie (1 minute), log you out, and send you to the login
 screen with themes and plugins disabled (will always get default login
 screen). At that point there might be something visual there letting you
 know you are logging into a "safe mode" session, like a checkbox. You
 login and the cookie is set until `wp_logout` where it is destroyed so the
 next login is normal.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29772#comment:9>