[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29793: Author Archives not Generated for users who create Gravatar Profile AFTER being added as author

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 29 13:49:42 UTC 2014

#29793: Author Archives not Generated for users who create Gravatar Profile AFTER
being added as author
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  hopetommola        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by hopetommola):

 '''Adding a new author with an existing gravatar profile creates an author
 archive properly. Adding a new author who does *not* have a gravatar
 profile results in a missing author archive. Both author archives were
 tested after test posts were created and published.'''

 All the users do have published posts. I have tried all combinations for
 the author archive url, including the ?author=# method and combination of
 usernames: first-last, firstlast, first.last with and without caps.

 The current theme is a child of Twenty Eleven and always has been - no
 change.

 I have not tested with all plugins deactivated (due to the impact on the
 rest of the network sites) but no new plugins have been added. Only core
 updates and updates to existing plugins. I may be able to test this on the
 development server, after some coworkers are available.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29793#comment:2>