[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to leverage the media library/modal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 23 02:46:33 UTC 2014

#21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to
leverage the media library/modal
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jjonesftw                |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:25 dauidus]:
 I think we should ditch the tabs if at all possible - leads to a
 cluttered/confusing UI and probably unnecessary. We're also making it
 consistent with the generic upload control, which currently doesn't have
 tabs. Do you see a particular reason for keeping the tabs/adding them to
 the upload control?

 Implementation-wise, we should take advantage of the opportunity to
 rewrite this directly rather then hooking in, as a theme or plugin would
 do. At the same time, this should make it easier for plugins and themes to
 hook in, given the updated, js-based code structure.

 There are several plugin/theme implementations out there (including the
 one from @mattwiebe that the patch is based on), although any would
 require reworking to be ready for core.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21483#comment:26>