[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29607: image_add_caption() returns immediately if caption empty, preventing filter from firing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 21 08:42:35 UTC 2014

#29607: image_add_caption() returns immediately if caption empty, preventing filter
from firing
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  paulschreiber                   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                     |      Status:  new
Changes (by DrewAPicture):

 * keywords:  needs-testing has-patch => needs-testing has-patch commit

Comment:

 At first I was concerned about effectively running two filters in a row
 here, but after further consideration, the new filter really does provide
 something not currently available -- the ability to directly filter the
 pre-parse caption text before output to the editor.

 In [attachment:29607.3.patch], I've reworded the long description a bit to
 clarify expected behavior in passing an empty value. I also changed the
 hook name to 'image_add_caption_text'.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29607#comment:6>