[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site environent

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 19 18:23:45 UTC 2014

#29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site
environent
 Reporter:  cooperman     |       Owner:

Comment (by DannyMe):

 Dear @jeremyfelt,

 Thanks for getting back to us. Setting the home URL to HTTP does not solve
 the problem: in my case, I want the website to be reachable through the
 HTTPS-service of Cloudflare. I never had problems with this setup until
 the update of Wordpress 4.0 and there are much more people having this
 problem. Could you please help us finding a solution for this or fixing
 this, i would like to call it a, bug in the Wordpress software? I don't
 think it is desirable that a piece of software like Wordpress decides
 whether to redirect a user to a different URL: I think that's something
 that can and should be done through .htaccess.

 Thanks a lot!

 D.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29708#comment:3>